Wednesday, May 1

I am Mother, hear me ROAR!

Are you the type of parent who addresses other children directly if they are out of line or posing a threat to one of yours?

I am.
No apologies for it, either. You do not want to mess with my people.
However, since my children attend a Montessori school, i have seriously toned down my approach, to perfectly friendly, with a hint of scary.

Right now, one of mine is struggling to assert himself with some bigger kids(not older, just a larger body mass) who are not taking his NO, for no. After almost 3 months of a struggle with this, a seriously anxious little boy, stressed parents and confused siblings, my son bit his assailant on the shoulder when he would not heed his no. He is heading for 6 years old.
Damn right, was my first thought.
A biff in the nose would also do, in this situation when he is pestered and attacked to his breaking point.
What do you think of the matter?

On the whole, i am peaceful.
I don't think there is a single right-minded person who wouldn't wish for world peace, harmony and respect for each other. I do.
But if you are going to hassle one of mine, well, that's another story.

Any stories of protective instinct gone a little awry? Do share...


No comments:

Post a Comment