Monday, July 26

'I'm not laughing at you honey..."

A slip of the tongue

"He has a great vision, he is committed to his MENTOS. No, that's not the word i was searching for!"
Now that my husband is aware that his verbal faux-pas' are being monitored, recorded and publically open to 'snickering' he feels quite trapped. The automatic word search thats goes on silently in his brain mid sentence has become paralysed with fear of humilation and so causing the insertion of many a wrong word, almost, subconsciously...as was explained to me!

You know its actually quite catching, 'MENTOS" what on earth led him to that, how often could you ever possibly insert that by mistake? Now having that stuck in my head i was a total loss as to which word my darling was intending to use.
We both drove on, laughing, confused...then it struck him, ETHOS!
Of course.
Just because the ending is the same (one Latin, one Lolly) does not really excuse it, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment